Downloading and Installation Instructions
for the G2X Hex file
Send to Printer
When updating the firmware in your G2X, there is always the risk of failure. If this happens, your G2X may not operate until you return your G2X to Racepak to be re-flashed. YOU ASSUME THIS RISK SOLELY ON YOUR OWN. If you do not feel comfortable with the following procedure, Racepak will update the firmware in your G2X for a small fee to cover the return freight.
To reduce the risk of failure, make sure to exactly follow the instructions below.
1) Make sure you are connected to a fully charged 12v or higher battery.
2) Remove the compact flash card from the G2X. Use your PC to format the card with FAT16 or FAT32.
3) DO NOT COPY THE FIRMWARE FILE TO THE CARD AT THIS POINT. THE CARD MUST REMAIN BLANK.
4) Insert the CF card back in to the G2X and turn on the power. Wait for the GPS LED's to begin to flash. You do not need to wait to acquire satellites. Turn off the power and remove the CF card.
5) Now use your PC to copy the G2X_vXX.hex file to the CF card. (XX=firmware ver.)
6) Insert the CF card in to the G2X and turn on the power. All four LED's should turn on to indicate the new firmware file has been found and is
7) When successfully completed, the G2X will automatically return to normal operation. This should take approx. 1 minute.
8) If the G2X fails to properly complete the firmware update, all four the LED's will begin to flash continuously. If this happens, turn the power off and back on. If the power LED turns on, no damage to the original firmware has been done. Repeat the above procedure to try again.
If no LED's turn on, the original firmware has been damaged. You will need to return your G2X to Racepak for re-flashing.